Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Baking

Our elf, Little Rodney, left the boys a Ninja Bread kit this past weekend. The boys thought it was epic (their word...not mine). Haha! They were excited when it was time to bake them but even happier when it was time to decorate! They are already asking to bake more cookies so they can decorate them. We are doing sugar cookies next.

Each boy cut their cookies once I rolled the dough. 

This was the first time they used the cookie cutters. 

And each did a great job!

The icing was tricky. The kit didn't make much and I was worried we would run out.

But we had plenty! Miles decided to take a bite out of his before he iced it! 

And Carter ate an entire cookie before the icing got to him.


The kit had one little bag of sprinkles so I pulled out the m&m's and more sprinkles. 

 They ate more sprinkles than they put on the cookies. I really thought they all would have tummy aches because they ate a lot of cookies. 


Next we made reindeer bait. It's really called bunny bait but we change it with the holidays. We've had bunny bait and for Dr. Seuss's birthday we had barbaloot bait. 

We all love this mix. It's Chex cereal, pretzels, golden oreos, popcorn, m&ms, melted chocolate and sprinkles. I added marshmallows this time and they are tasty too! 

We mix everything together and drizzle the melted chocolate over it. Then we add the m&ms and sprinkles. 

I asked Michael to get some pictures of the boys since my hands were in the mix. I never know what I may get when he get my phone.

See!?!

And this..you never know when he is taking a picture. 

The boys were eating it before the chocolate even set. The good thing about this is you can add  anything you like to it and it will be tasty. 



Now on to the rest of my Christmas baking...



No comments: