Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Ugh...

 

Oh my goodness. I haven't posted anything since March. I can't believe I haven't had time or found time the past 7 months to do some sort of post on here. It's not like we have been busy. Haha!  

I'll recap just so I'll be able to remember why I didn't post on here for that long.  

March 

School in our area became 'homeschool' or 'e-learning' during the second week of March. What we thought would be a few weeks turned out to be over 2 months until the end of school. Needless to say it was HARD! 3 boys doing work on their school iPads at the kitchen table caused LOTS of tears from all of us but we all survived! AND--Michael started working from home as well. 

"School" started like this but ended with every one in separate rooms! They liked to talk too much to stay in a room together. 

Lots of Zoom calls...


and LOTS of PE! Thank goodness the boys have several friends in the neighborhood!


APRIL

School continued online but at least we had Spring Break. Woohoo! It was supposed to be our Disney vacation but that didn't happen. Michael continued to work from home with 3 rambunctious boys making LOTS of noise (and I'm kinda loud too)!


We did dress for Easter even though we couldn't go to church! We were able to watch the sermon online.

We missed all the egg hunts but we did have one for M and C. It took them FOREVER to find the egg behind them. I swear quarantine did a number on them! 

No in person school so we did learn some new skills around the house. 

Do you see this snake? We called it a science lesson. One of M and C's friends came to the front door and saw this. Thank goodness he stopped by and thank goodness Michael was working from home! The scary thing is we (ok Michael) killed another one in the same spot 2 days later. Ugh...


MAY

What happened in May? Basically the same as April. E-learning. I'm so glad school got out this month.

We had a NASTY storm in May. It was super scary.

This was a smaller piece of hail. Some were bigger than golf balls and had spikes on them. It was so weird. But, now we have a new roof so something good came out of it.

This sums up the month. We tried to play outside to give Michael some quiet time to work. 

End of school year pics! 
2019-2020
Jackson finished 6th grade 
Miles and Carter finished 3rd grade

JUNE
Schools out for the summer and we weren't 100% sure if we were going to be able to go to the beach. But WE DID!! We didn't go out to eat or shop but it was a change of scenery. 

We enjoyed this view even though it was COLD! I mean wearing long sleeves while watching the boys swim and then wrapping them in towels to warm up. 

A double rainbow across the ocean? Yes, please! It was so pretty!!

We did swim at our neighbors and I got to hang out with my BFF. She sits in my lap if we are at the pool. 

Since COVID didn't allow us to have VBS at church we had the VBS Bus that went to several different houses. This is my house with some of our neighborhood kids. It was so much fun and the kids loved it.

JULY
All of us were super excited for our mountain trip. Not only to get out of house but for the cooler weather! But before we headed to the mountains Carter had some warts lasered off.

I'll spare ya the pictures because it's gross but this is him waiting on the happy juice to kick in.

The warts covered most of his heal. We battled them for months before we decided to have them removed.

Remember the life lessons we were learning during 'homeschool' - here ya go. Carter was putting the dishes up and stopped to answer the phone. 

We made it to the mountains!! 

Not only did we enjoy the cooler weather but this view was a breath of fresh air. 

AUGUST
The biggest question of the month - when is school going to start back? I could have been so stressed but I choose not to even think about all the possibilities. I said the school will let me know when I'm supposed to take the kids. So we did a bunch of nothing this month. 

This should sum up our month. Haha!

More life lessons.

Apparently we sat on the front porch a lot this month. 

We swam a little more and Khloe sat in my lap. I think she missed me while we were in the mountains! 

Thank goodness for our friends who live close by!  Who knew a 12 yr old, a 6 yr old and FOUR 9 year olds (we were missing a 7 yr old in this pic) could play so well together. This is a sweet groups of guys.

Did ya notice I didn't have a picture of the first day of school?? That's because we did go back in August! And Michael's still working from home. 

SEPTEMBER
Here's the busy month. And not a good busy month. 

It started off going to the water park. It was so much fun hanging out with friends after a poopy summer.


On Sunday the 6th we were at church for a back to school paint war and Miles fell off a little brick wall and broke his arm. And when I say he broke it I mean like the bone was all but out of the skin. We had to be transported to The Children's Hospital in Columbia for surgery the next day. I'll so a separate post on that soon. 


September 11, 2020 was the first day "kinda" back to school. It was called LEAP day where the kids went to school to get their iPads and take some standardized tests. We had a week of e-learning and then M & C started face to face 5 days a week. Jackson goes face to face on T/TH and is e learning the other 3 days. 

During all of that soccer started! Poor Miles can't play this year and it's killing him. Carter is having a blast and it is doing him good doing something without Miles.

Jackson is loving soccer. He can't wait to try out for the middle school.


To end the month Miles had surgery #2 for the month. He had an infection and we ended up staying in the hospital for 2 days. 


OCTOBER
Hello FALL! Let's hope this year starts getting better. We have jumped back in life with both feet running! Between doctor appts, soccer practice (3 nights a week), school, and soccer games we are busy. And it feels so GOOD!! 

Miles was having a yucky day and two of his friends stopped by at the PERFECT time! Just what he needed! 


We did start hand therapy with an OT in Florence. This therapist is pretty awesome so I'm sure Miles will do great!

I love candles on my mantle in the fall and winter! I've added a big jack o lantern to the hearth and we've enjoyed it. I added lights to my gas logs (that aren't hooked up) and the boys LOVE it! Haha! It's the little things that make up happy now. 

That sums up the past 7 months. I'll do better and start recapping more often! 


No comments: