Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Favorites






One of my favorites was watching the inauguration last Friday. I was suckered in and even listened to it on Facebook live while I went to pick up the boys from preschool.


How pretty was Melania? Her dress was gorgeous! And Ivanka's outfit was just as pretty.




This lotion is the best for dry cracked hands. We've been using it for a week or so and it's helped so much! 





I know this isn't the best picture to post but oh well. (I make my boys take their shirts off to eat spaghetti - they are messy!)  I'm excited because my aunt gave me her recipe for my favorite spaghetti. This is the only spaghetti I will eat and Jackson loves it. He kept asking for it so I finally bit the bullet and got the recipe. It's super easy to make. I made half the recipe and I still have 3 containers of sauce in the freezer!   




My mom gave me a retractable screen door for my garage for Christmas. This is the best thing ever! The boys play in the garage and front yard while I make dinner and I can hear just about everything they say.
 

Here's a picture from my garage with the screen door closed. Seriously...it's the best! And yes...our garage walls need to be painted. That will happen this spring!  



Paint samples. Oh what fun! I didn't like the first color Michael painted to it was back to samples. We picked 3 popular colors that might work and painted samples. I really liked the left and right ones. The middle is Worldly and it has an orangish/peachish tint. (It was painted a deep red. The color in the picture is Olympus White. It was too silvery blue for me and didn't match the rest of the house.) 


Here's our dining room - freshly painted. 

 We ended up going with Sherwin Williams Repose. The other one I really like was Requisite and we thought it might be a little to dark . I had a corner china cabinet in the left corner but we moved it to the den and now we like it better in there. As of right now Michael is going to build a farm house table with benches and maybe a side table/buffet. Yea for a husband who likes to build stuff! 🙌 And I want to find a new rug and something to go on the walls. But right now I'm happy with fresh painted walls! 





No comments: